Meet Our SDEP® Certified Sonographer
Heidi Putnam, SDEP™ Certified Sonographer
Heidi relocated here to the Pacific Northwest from southern California, to seek new opportunities. She has practiced veterinary medicine for over 10 years, which started in shelter medicine, and then fell in love with emergency medicine. While in California, Heidi sat for her VTNE boards, and received her RVT certification in early 2017.
The Animal Sounds NW team was excited to welcome her in 2017, and received her SDEP™ certification shortly after. Heidi is loving the mobile life, and helping pets with her excellent sonography skills and marvelous attitude!
She is joined by her husband, two house cats, and Jojo the Pug, who LOVES all outdoor adventures. You can find Heidi and her family often in the outdoors while they go kayaking or hiking.
Ready to get out and spread your wings with a new challenge?
Animal Sounds North West Veterinary Mobile Ultrasound is looking for a credentialed veterinary technician licensed in Oregon (CVT) -or license eligible -to join the team as a mobile sonographer for the Corvallis/Eugene/Salem region.
*Will train the right candidate!* However, ultrasound experience and/or RDMS certification is a plus.
Will consider the right new grad!!
Primary responsibilities will be providing mobile ultrasound services at various veterinary clinics located predominantly in Corvallis/Eugene/Salem and occasionally the coast
- Ultrasound services in abdomen, cardiac, thyroid and MSK to the clients of ASNW including FNAs/telecytology, centesis procedures
- Transmittal of cases though SonoPath telemedicine serves
Although primarily ultrasound, this position involves more:
- Marketing projects and promotional efforts as directed by the Managers and Marketing Director, including but not limited to marketing campaigns and projects assigned, lunch-n-learns.
- Technical support for SonoPath telemedicine clients on a rotating schedule, which will include weekend time in the rotation
- Instruction and general assistance at *SDEP® training labs (weekends), on-site training (post Covid)
- Participation/assistance/completion of any projects/duties assigned to you specifically as you grow into the position and based on your strengths
- Minimum high school diploma and AAS from an accredited Veterinary Technology program; BS/BA a plus
- Credentialed veterinary technician licensed in Oregon (CVT). eligible for licensure or eligible to transfer licensure from another state.
- Minimum 3 years experience working as an technician in a veterinary general or specialty practice
- Must provide own reliable vehicle for mobile duties, and proof of insurance. Mileage compensated at current IRS rate and company credit card provided for gas charges
- Flexibility to work irregular hours M-F
- Ability to occasionally travel for conferences or on-site ultrasound training at clinics and our education facility in Andover NJ (compensated)
Qualities of the Applicant:
- Ability to maintain a symbiotic, professional, mature and effective relationship with other members of the ASNW mobile team as well as SonoPath team.
- Strong in/enjoys the business aspect; marketing and social media experience a plus
- Enjoys working effectively and independently, whether on mobile or project related
- Enjoys maintaining connectivity with an almost completely virtual team and developing effective working relationships
- Ability to multi-task and accept interruptions and the unexpected in your day (maybe relish it?)
- Thrives in a job that is not necessarily 9-5, is anything but routine, and requires self-regulation
- Enjoys troubleshooting, new ideas and projects, and true challenges sometimes on a daily basis. Quick learner a plus
- M-F on mobile ultrasound
- Workday length dependent on need, workflow, traffic and other factors but is expected to be at least 8 hours.
- Occasional weekend work required for ultrasound training at clinics or SDEP labs – will be compensated
Think You’re a Good Fit?
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirm application requirements
- Include CV or resume
- Include cover letter
- Provide proof of technician credentialing in Oregon or another state
- Minimum 3 professional references
***Salary and Benefits discussed at interview